I love days when I get a simple Allergy Friendly brainwave and it works as a tasty, healthy and novel dish for everyone. This was one such dish! After a big party – I had an extra packet of broccoli slaw laying around in the fridge. Suddenly it struck me – here is a packet of delicately cut cabbage, carrots and broccoli…just saute it and make it come alive! Presenting AF (Allergy Friendly) Sauteed Broccoli Slaw with sprouted Mung Beans…
- 1 packet broccoli slaw or rainbow slaw
- 1/2 cup Sprouted Whole Mung Beans
- 1 tbsp Allergy Friendly Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (optional)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper (optional)
- Salt – to taste.
- Heat the oil in a large wok on low to medium heat.
- Add the cumin seeds and thinly sliced jalapeno peppers. Stir it lightly.
- When the cumin seeds start changing color, add the broccoli slaw and sprouted mung beans.
- Salt it, stir it and close it and let the heat do its job.
- Stir the mixture every 3-4 minutes and let it cook till the desired level of crunchiness – about 15-20 minutes.
- Warm an Allergy Friendly Tortilla and make a wrap using this as a filling or use it as side vegetable or like I do – just a huge bowl as-is!
Sprouting Mung Beans at home:
- Wash and soak whole mung beans for at least 12 hours. The beans will become soft and swell in volume.
- Drain the water from the soaked mung beans completely and place it in a colander and cover it completely with a moist kitchen towel. Place the colander in a vessel so that any excess moisture does not drip out.
- In about 10 – 12 hours you will have beautifully sprouted whole mung beans. Eat it raw or add it to your favorite salad or use it in this dish 🙂 Keep it for a 10 – 12 hours more if you want longer sprouts.