AllergyFoodie.org is a blog that will cover various aspects of “thriving without” the top 8 food allergens. I will write about all things “food”, which is wheat-free, soy-free, egg-free, nut-free, tree nut-free, dairy-free, fish-free and shellfish free. The blog will also talk about living without a few other common food allergens like chick peas (garbanzo beans), sesame seed, sunflower seed, peas and poppy seed.
The topics covered will be:
- Recipes (of course!): I will cover fun stuff like cakes and cookies. To further the culinary experience, we will also go off the beaten path through international recipes with focus on Indian cooking because many Indian dishes are naturally allergen friendly (my forte – yayy!).
- Alternate grains: I will explore a smorgasbord of seldom heard of grains like Teff, Amaranth, Red Millet, Millet, Rice, Buckwheat, Quinoa, Flax, Matpe beans and Sorghum.
- Packaged/Frozen foods – Review, availability and updates
- Choices in restaurants: To help make eating out a pleasurable experience rather than a dreaded one for those with multiple food allergies.
- Current news from the world of food allergies
- Books, websites and blogs, events etc. with useful information for anyone who needs to know more about multiple food allergies.
This is not a gluten free website because grains like oats and barley will be used in some recipes. However, a large number of the recipes are naturally gluten-free.
All ye foodies out there – this is a great place not just for people with food allergies but also for those who want an alternative gastronomic experience!