Most people who know me personally will be shocked seeing this home grown recipe of AF Chicken Noodle Soup because I have been a vegetarian all my life. I have absolutely no clue how white or red meat tastes – go figure 🙂 That’s the reason why Allergy Foodie has not seen any recipe thus far listing any kind of meat as an ingredient. That soooooooo is not my forte!
However, meats are my little boy’s major source of proteins because he is allergic to many of the vegetarian sources of proteins like soy, eggs and dairy. So, when I whipped up this soup on a snowy evening and dad and sonny boy lapped it up like there is no tomorrow – I knew the soup was a sure winner 😉 If only my son had liked it then I would have put it down to all kids thinking that their moms are the best cooks in the world even if the mom is just warming up a frozen meal in the microwave but this had a discerning adult giving a thumbs-up too. So – here is an Allergy Friendly Chicken Noodle Soup spiced up my way to add cheer to those long dreary winter nights. Am also delighted to be sharing this recipe on the blog-hop, ‘Allergy-Free Wednesdays’ – a weekly allergy-friendly party hosted by 5 fellow bloggers like…
- 1 cup grilled/ baked chicken cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup pasta Sauce
- 1/2 medium Onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1/2 cup cooked beans (black beans / kidney beans / italian beans etc.)
- 1/4 cup rice noodle or pasta of choice (I used elbow pasta)
- 1 small potato diced
- 1 medium carrot diced
- 10 string beans cut small
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp oil (corn oil or olive oil or vegetable oil etc.)
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt to taste
- Boil the cut carrots, potatoes and beans in enough water.
- When the veggies are almost cooked add the pasta to it and cook till al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a heavy bottomed vessel on medium flame.
- Add the onions, garlic and a 1/2 tsp salt to the oil and mix well.
- Keep stirring intermittently till the onion softens and becomes translucent.
- Add the cumin powder and paprika powder and stir for 1/2 a minute.
- Add the pasta sauce and mix well.
- Now add the veggies, pasta, beans, chicken with 4 cups of chicken stock and bring to a boil. Let the soup simmer for about 5 minutes so the flavors just mingle and pop out.
- Garnish with your favorite herb – parsley, Italian parsley or my personal fav – cilantro 🙂
- Serve it hot with a slice of toasted gluten-free bread with any AF (Allergy Friendly) spread. A big bowl of this AF soup with a slice of gluten-free bread baked by Mariposa – artisan-crafted gluten-free with a dollop of Earth Balance soy-free, dairy-free spread – sheer indulgence 🙂