Allergy friendly so often tastes ‘blaah’ or at best ‘just ok’ that this dish took me by surprise – pretty darn yummilicious. A double thumbs-up as an appetizer or a side dish on a fancy dinner table 🙂 The best part is it is so simple to put together – less than half an hour excluding time taken to boil the peas and potatoes. So, here is my modern take on a traditional dish from the western part of India…
1) 4 large potatoes, boiled (Yukon gold or red potatoes work best)
2) 1 cup cooked peas
3) 2 tablespoons rice flour (use organic brown rice flour to enhance nutrition)
4) Salt and pepper to taste
5) Oil to grease the baking tray (any oil is suitable)
1) Preheat the oven to 400 degree F.
2) Roughly mash the peas in the blender
3) Mash the potatoes roughly and mix in the mashed peas, rice flour, salt and pepper well.
4) Grease a standard 9″ bread loaf pan.
5) Press the mixture into the baking tray and lightly brush the top with oil.
6) Bake for 20 – 25 minutes till it is golden brown around the edges and crisp.